Monday 6 June 2011

Secondary Research

What is secondary research?
This is source that you have gathered from the internet, book or magazines that will influence your designs. It is basically any research that wasn’t created by you personally.

What is the purpose of secondary research?
Research is important to inspire you as a creative individual. It is a way to stimulate the mind and create new possibilities for your designs. It allows you to explore different ideas before you focus on your final concept, theme or idea for a collection.

What should you research?
  • Silhouettes
  • Details
  • Colour
  • Texture
  • Historical influences
  • Cultural influences
  • Contemporary trends
The best websites I have found for secondary research

I’m planning to go into more detail about the areas of research pretty soon, but if there’s anything you’d like me to add, feel free to let me know. Also, if you know of any other good websites for fashion source, leave a comment and I’ll add it to the list here. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I am in my year two fashion student still was struggling with identifying primary and secondary research and your posts really helped me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other Beauty Guest Post blogs that go over the same topic

    ReplyDelete